Progress Pics

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

'cuse me, has anyone seen my butt?

Well, I bought the book, the NEW RULES OF LIFTING FOR WOMEN -LIFT LIKE A MAN, LOOK LIKE A GODDESS by Lou Schuler. It is designed to move women away from the candy-ass exercises most of us waste time doing (and wonder why we barely get any results) to exercises that really boost your metabolism and firm up your body.

I just started, so I am on phase one. If phase one is this hard, I shudder to think what's going to happen when I advance through the work outs. I did a session last night and I don't think I have to worry about what my ass looks like anymore --- because I think it fell off during my second set of lunges. LOL

For those who have never had the agonizing pleasure of doing dumbbell lunges, visit the link below, which is a Youtube video of a fit guy doing them. If you are as out-of-shape as I am, it hurts just to watch this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgPW9hOil7A

Actually, because of the high body weight I started with and the old knee injury, I actually took things very slow and practiced the movements of lunges, squats and dead lifts (without any weight) for almost a month before I actually started adding weight. These exercises strengthen the whole body, even the core, and will really help you gain strength all over your body.

Some of the exercises, like the prone jackknife, I simply can't do at my present body weight and level of UNfitness. I make substitutions for the ones I can't do (yet), being honest and making sure that I am challenging myself to the limit of my abilities and not giving myself permission to wimp out.

Anyway, today is a cardio day -- 30 minutes of torture with Denise Austin and her skinny friends. Tomorrow it's back to the gym for more torture!! LOL -- I actually can feel myself getting stronger every week and can feel a layer of solid tissue forming all over my body -- it is just (still) covered with too much fat for anyone else to be able to see it. As the pounds come off, I will be more and more able to actually see the results of my hard work - and that's one of the things that keeps me motivated.

That's it for today kids! And if you run across my rear end, call me at 1-800-MIA-Butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are all so busy.... so I truly appreciate your taking the time to comment.