Progress Pics

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Progress report w/pics






Well, it has been just over a month since I got back from SD and reaffirmed my commitment to return to fitness and maybe even be able to run again one of these days. Most of my weight loss has been in my lower hips and legs.

Before going to SD in July I bought three new tank tops, which I am wearing in the above shots, the one in the orange top was taken last week. Back in July, I could barely pull these tops down enough to tuck it into my skirt. As you can see, it now comes all the way down to cover my hips. So I definitely have lost quite a few inches there.

The shot in the purple outfit was taken while on the reservation in July. I had planned to use it as a "before" shot but I am wearing a skirt in that pic so you really can't see the changes in my legs and lower body. Nonetheless, here is the pic, taken by my friend Jeanne on July 7, 2009.
My "double chin" has really shrunk, and from the weight lifting and cardio there are changes in my body that I can see and feel but no one else would notice just yet. I took some other photos last week of my back (without a shirt) and some hideous side views in exercise tights -- which show my massive gut in all its splendor. I am not brave enough to show these now but will use them for comparison later in my progress.
I am on track with the food, weight lifting and cardio. This week I set a goal to increase my cardio by one extra session, at least. (I normally do cardio every other day). Well, I succeeded in my goal with an extra session with the aerobics DVD, PLUS, I fit in a few short after dinner walks that were only ten minutes each but added up to an additional 30 minutes of cardio at the end of the week. So, in total for this week I kicked my own ass in the gym three times, PLUS did 2 1/2 hours of cardio! YES!
I learned about fitday.com where you can track your food easily and choose to make your food diary public if you wish. I started mine and have made it public to help keep me honest. There is a link to it in my links section here.
That's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are all so busy.... so I truly appreciate your taking the time to comment.