Progress Pics

Friday, November 20, 2009

Monthly Progress Report with Pics

This is last month's progress pic, taken around the 3rd week of October


Now here we are on November 20th. I am wearing the exact same clothes! Note that the pants now pull up enough to cover my belly. In a way, this makes me look like I GAINED weight somehow, but I actually lost once again, as you'll see in a minute when I list my inches lost for the month.





The purpose of this pic is to demonstrate that I can FINALLY, once again, not only touch my toes, but place the palms of my hands flat on the floor. My knees are not bent, this is honestly how flexible I am now. When I started, I could barely reach past my knees.




I took this a few days ago, sitting behind the wheel of Jeff's beat up work van. Back in July, my gut was so huge that it would be pressed up against the wheel. I could barely get in and out of the van or drive it.

Okay, now on to inches lost: This month, I lost one inch from my neck, one inch from my chest, one half inch from my waist, one inch from my hips, 1/2 inch from each upper arm, 1/2 inch off each thigh, and 1/2 inch off each calf for a total of 6 and a half inches lost this month.



This brings my total inches lost since July to 32 and 1/2. Not bad, especially when we know that with all of the weight lifting I am doing, there's no way I haven't gained muscle to boot.



I am guesstimating my total weight loss since March to now be about 130-140 pounds. I am sometimes curious about what I weigh, but as the saying goes, "If it's not broken, don't try to fix it." I've been consistently losing at least 6 inches a month and my clothes are getting loser and loser. For now, that's all I need to know.



In the gym department, around the time of last month's report, I was pushing 70 pounds on the chest press, having recently upped it from 50 pounds. I now do 100 pounds on the chest press.
Yeah baby! I increased the weight for cable flies from 50 last month to 70 pounds this month.
I can barely do that 70 pounds, but I really push myself.



I now do squats with a 25 pound weight in each hand and I KNOW I can squat with more, but that is the heaviest weight that I have, so I have "outgrown" the strength training equipment that I have. I cannot make real progress with my squats, dead lifts or lunges until I get heavier weights................. Gotta find the money somehow, Chickzilla needs her Iron!



I've REALLY increased my exercise the past week or two and I am going to try to maintain this pace, as next month will be my final report for 2009 and I want to make it a good one.

I was hoping for more inches lost this month but with having the flu and other stuff going on, for half of the month I either didn't exercise or wasn't able to do it with the sort of intensity I need to see results. I plan to make up for it next month.



Right now, most days I am exercising several hours a day. I won't be able to keep up this pace and intensity forever--eventually, it will wear on me. But in the short term, it is just something I want to do--to really ask a lot of myself for these last few weeks of the year and see what I can accomplish. I'm hoping my efforts will result in bigger losses when I take my measurements next month. This effort is my Christmas present to myself.



DH and I are going on a hike today that is going to be difficult for me--but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I hope that you all have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. Have you done a maximums test at the gym. Basically do all the basic strength exercises (squats, deadliuft, benchpress, pushpress, etc) and increase the weight, start with 10 then as it gets heavier drop the reps, till you cant even do 1 (try 3 times) that will be your maximum weight and you should work at about half of that.

    Have you looked at crossfit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. The pictures. And you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, very cool progress on your measurements! I personally always feel I look pretty much the same (kind of shrink evenly), so seeing the tape measure show a different number is my reward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gal - you're progress is amazing! You are really doing a great job sticking to this and succeeding! Now find a way to get chickzilla some iron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME PROGRESS....you are doing so well! I love that you mentioned the driving and steering wheel. I too recently was wondering how much extra space wa sin that gap - yes GAP there!!! It's definatly one of those non-scale victories few notice - but when you spend years pressed against that stupid wheel it's a huge prize. I recently got to even move the seat forward to reach the pedals better (but I don't have wonderfully LONG legs like you...I'm all short and squatty - LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori-Ann. What great progress even during a difficult month. I think inches lost is the best way to judge how you're doing because it has the biggest psychological impact in terms of how you view yourself.

    And that picture with the steering wheel ... things are looking pretty spacious in that vehicle!

    Keep up the amazing work!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome progress!!! You steerling wheel picture really means a lot. I hate driving hubbys jeep because I simply don't fit. Next year I'll be posting a picture just like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go!! And your calves look absolutely *fabulous*!

    Maybe you can find someone on craigslist to swap weights with? You know, a gal who has ex-hubby's heavy weights who's looking for something lighter for herself? Or freecycle might have something for you. Even consignment shops might cut the money bite for you; have someone else sell yours for you and find ones that better suit you for less expense than new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Wow, wow, wow! You are doing an amazing job! Your progress and hardwork are amazing! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo Hoo! You are doing great. I love the photo where you are showing off your flexibility! You are an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work. Your hard work is clearly paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lori-Ann,I am so proud of you, you are doing such a fantastic job. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great! Hope you are feeling great too!

    ReplyDelete

We are all so busy.... so I truly appreciate your taking the time to comment.