Progress Pics

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Check out my legs!



Well, I needed a dress for the funeral today and I DID find one at the Coldwater Creek outlet. I LOVE their clothes. This is an $80 dress marked down to $20 --- I could not believe my luck.

Also, (and this is hard to believe, but it's true) this is a standard size XL and it fits-- not well, but it fits. I wore a black blazer over it to hide the remaining lumps, bumps and arm flab. It is probably sized BIG and made to fit a normal woman loosely- but still, your amazon walking out of a store with a standard size at a discount is a NEVER. It was a huge moment for me.




Last year I was a size 5X and special ordered all my clothes. I literally almost cried when I put this on and it fit. It SO makes me look forward to a whole new wardrobe when I get to my goal weight. Anyway. DH hasn't seen me in pantyhose for years and had me pose for the leg shots.


So today was the funeral for Michelle's uncle. DH took the morning off from work and we went to the mass and the funeral -- it was snowing and somehow the beauty and purity of it seemed to match the day

When we came out of the church, the snow collecting on the trees looked so beautiful that I had tears in my eyes. I snapped this pic for you but it didn't really capture its full splendor.




Michelle's uncle was a widower who had no children, and he was estranged from everyone else in the family except for Michelle-- so there was no family gathering after the funeral. So sad.

Jeff went back to work and I offered to take Tom and Michelle out to lunch. Your amazon splurged big time! I hosed down a 12oz steak, baked potato, huge salad and then split a piece of cheesecake with my son. I also drank two glasses of white wine and OMG-- was that ever yummy! I seldom eat meat or drink, so today was unusual.

Normally, today would be a work-out day (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays) but I am feeling kinda "spent" so I am going to do it either later tonight or tomorrow.




On the way home from lunch, my son needed to stop at his house-- so I got to pet his room mate's dog, Tank. That's a pic of Tank and Michelle above. Tank is a pit bull and Rotty mix and has he sweetest disposition you can imagine.

He's 130 pounds though, so when he's playing and gets enthusiastic, he bowls you right over.

Anyway, I'll post my Perfect Ten update tomorrow. I just wanted to share my new dress with my homies! I'll be posting my progress pics and stats over the weekend so look for that as well.

Have a good day everyone!

XOXOX
xo
x

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the walking right into a store and buying an XL. I think with those legs woman you should have some cute little just to the knee fitted skirts and A line summery skirts come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is awesome! You have made such super progress! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori-Ann. WOW! You look almost as good as the Bear does in a pair of nylons! (although he prefers stockings, obviously).

    Would have been nice to see the blazer as well - to see the complete outfit.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY MOLY LORI-ANN! You are smokin' hot, lady! And.....an XL at 6'3 is SO excellent! It is just melting away and you look strong and fit and healthy...and did I mention strong? Wooooooo hooooo! And I agree.....you need to find a nice knee length flirty skirt.....it will look great on you! Summer...here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey...can you tell me the brand of the liquid multiple vitamins you are using? The liquid D has been SOOOOO much more effective for me...I think I ought to switch to liquid for my multiples. too. TIA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous my friend! What gorgeous gams you have. Jeez, I'm feeling a bit jealous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your legs look totally gorgeous! No kidding. You must be walking on air right now with getting that dress in the XL. Awesome.

    Margie writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Hoo! Those legs look good! And I see some collar bone too... Very cool on the dress - looks great. Sorry for Michelle's loss. So sad to be estranged from the family. I am glad that you were able to be there with her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great legs, and an XL at 6'3" is awesome! I'm sorry it had to be for a funeral. I hope you get to wear it for happier things too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Great legs!! Congrats on the XL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your legs are lookin good woman.
    Should have bought a shorter dress and some kickin heels to show those off.
    work what your mama gave you.
    lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow check out the gams on that chick-haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. With those great legs you need to shorten that dress. Show them off, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bloody hell woman - you look fab! :o) You must be THRILLED with your progress! Your legs look far slimmer now than mine ever did when I weighed 175lbs! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! You look great. 5X to XL? What a difference a year makes. You should be so proud of your hard work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh DAMN girl! HOT. From the picture it looks like this dress IS baggy on you...very flattering choice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Lord you look mahvelous! Really Lori Ann, your progress and transition into a more buff lady are remarkable! You are such an inspiration, and good for you for having a nice lunch. You deserve it. You do have a great set of gams!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you GO girl! you've got the sexy leg. flaunt it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We are all so busy.... so I truly appreciate your taking the time to comment.