Progress Pics

Monday, January 11, 2010

Today's Work Out and Other Stuff



First I'm gonna whale on my pecs, then I'm gonna work on my back!




DH came down with a cold/sore throat starting Friday night and stayed home from work yesterday because of it. Now, I have it. We didn't go to the gym Sunday because of Jeff feeling sick and from being emotionally shot over Zeke being in the doggie hospital.

So, I really HAD to work out today no matter what! So I took a big dose of dayquil and mosied downstairs figuring I'd at least do the major lifts. I decided to do the squats, lunges and step-ups first because those kill me the most.

Our housemate, whose room is also on the ground floor, came into the room and starting yakking with me asking how much I am lifting, how many exercises I do, blah, blah, blah.....

There I am in a sports bra and spandex tights, with all my flab hanging out, giving her grunts and one-word answers, trying to drop the hint that this is private, quality time with myself. She just wouldn't get the hint.

To make a long story short she kept leaving and coming back into the room-- so my work out took me almost 4 hours. Yes, I did a DOUBLE work out today-- as I did both the work out I missed Sunday AND the one I was scheduled to do today.

I am sick, trying to focus-- and have someone pissing in my ear the whole time. When I came back upstairs to my computer, (with my lunch and some grapefruit juice) I realized that it is friggen 4 in the afternoon and I am just now having my lunch.

So, although it might be RUDE, next time, I am going to have to tell her that I cannot talk until my work out is done and I eat afterwards. If she keeps talking, I will have to come out and tell her to MAKE LIKE A TREE AND LEAVE, MAKE LIKE A BIRD AND GET THE FLOCK OUT, Make like a........... well, you get the idea.

Here's today's work out (remember, this is a double because I missed Sunday)

Warm up - Yoga stretches

Squat
12/75#
12/75#

Push Up (45 degrees)
15
15

Bent Over BB Row
15/65 #
15/65 #

Step ups (18" box)
15/20#
15/20#

DB Pullovers
15/30#
15/30#

Side bends holding 25# plate
15/25#
15/25#
15/25#
15/25#

Crunches
25
25
25

Leg Lifts
15
15

Deadlift
15/105#
15/105#

DB Shoulder Press
15/ 20#
15/20#

Lunges
15/bw
15/bw

Cool Down - floor exercises with only BW and some yoga postures.

Note that I increased my weight with the squat, deadlift and bent over row since my last workout. I upped my deadlift from 85# to 105#, bent over row from 50# to 65# and squat from 65# to 75#.

Last time I worked out, I didn't feel as though I challenged myself enough and if I'm not gonna do that, I am wasting my time. So this nudge upwards made a difference and this time I could feel it in the backs of my legs when I deadlifted.

Yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin' about! Chickzilla is on the loose!

I have worked out in the past but never with any definitive program, never with any consistency, and never with the ever-increasing resistance needed to see real results. In other words, I was just fooling around, as hard as that is to admit.

So I really didn't know what to expect from this. I thought it would be months before I would notice that I got stronger, months to see a difference-- but, NO, I can see and feel it already and I am SHOCKED!

My arms and legs look fatter and that pissed me of at first, but actually, the new muscle underneath is pushing against the fat and making it seem like I am fatter, but of course, I am not./

I have been able to increase the weight at regular intervals, way beyond what I anticipated when I started. This is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I am glad I started lifting and I am glad I joined the women's challenge.

Gonna go sip more grapefruit juice and swallow more Dayquill! Be good to you today!

xoxox

13 comments:

  1. or....Make like a baby and HEAD OUT!


    thats my fav!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Chickzilla, Go!

    I'm sorry about your doggie--oh how we hurt when our fur-babies hurt.

    You are really kicking some major butt with your lifting! Woo-hoo. Amazon Runner, Amazon Lifter!

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your doggie... Hope he's feeling a LOT better now.... It's such a worry when our pets are ill... :o(

    I'm with you on the interrupted workout... I probably would have temporarily stopped what I was doing to say "I'll talk to you about it once I've finished. If you don't mind, I'd just like to get on with it". Unfortunately, some people need the subtlety of a charging rhino to get the hint!

    Not even CRaig is allowed to watch me workout, and if I have to do it in the evening, it's curtains drawn so the neighbours can't see in! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you caught the cold. I hope you feel better soon. Amazing workout -especially since you are not feeling 100 percent. Ah boundaries. Always a fun challenge... Speaking of fun -there is something for you over at my blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch out world, CHICKZILLA is on the loose!! :-) I love it! Good for you working out when you were under the weather. Perhaps if you faked a cough in the direction of the housemate she would have left sooner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your doing so good, hope you feel 100% soon! Can't imagine someone standning watching me exercise..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning...sorry to hear about your pup. It sounds like it's been a pretty rough time for you guys, so I hope you are able to get some rest and feel better soon.

    On another note, I don't think it's rude to tell folks you can't focus on your workout when they are talking, whether they're working out with you or just standing near you :) I say this because I am a notorious talker during workouts and runs, and I have had friends just straight up tell me that they can't talk and run or talk and work out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care of yourself Chickzilla - feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep on recuperating, Lori Ann. You are simply kicking ass with the working out! And I hope your doggie is feeling better. I'm a fellow dog lover, and when something is wrong with them, it's like one of your kids is sick. Take care -

    ReplyDelete
  11. If your arms aren't too sore, stop by my blog and there is something there for you to pick up...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are feeling better. It's been a couple of days since your post. Chickzilla - I love it, and someone above said Amazon runner, Amazon lifter - I like that.
    Interupted workouts - to me they are sacred and I enjoy doing it on my own without having to stop and talk to someone. Ron does that all the time, I'm running on the treadmill, can hardly breath and he wants me to talk.. I kind of get all piffy and he has learned now to leave me alone - it can wait the 30 minutes or so until I am done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an award for you.... :o)

    ReplyDelete

We are all so busy.... so I truly appreciate your taking the time to comment.