Progress Pics

Friday, January 15, 2010

Perfect Ten Update #2




It's time for my second PERFECT TEN update!


MY PERFECT TEN CHALLENGES

1) Begin the NROL4W program (THE NEW RULES OF LIFTING FOR WOMEN - LIFT LIKE A MAN, LOOK LIKE A GODDESS). I just completed my second week on this program in spite of a difficult week. One of my dogs was in the vet hospital and I came down with a cold, so I ended up doing two of the workouts in one day in order to stay on track-- but I pulled it off and that's what's important.

The push-ups and the heavier weights are already creating changes that I can feel, so I am psyched!


2) Begin Training for the New Haven Road Race: I only did jogging intervals once this week, again. But given the week I had, I am not concerned. Also, the road race is 9 months away so I have plenty of time to train for it. For the next few months, the weights will be my priority. My fitness week ends on Saturday so I may try to get some jogging intervals in tomorrow--but if not, Sunday begins a new week.


3) Lose 20 pounds by the end of the challenge. Incredibly, I already lost half of this with the nice drop I had this week. I may end up increasing this goal to 30 pounds to keep myself focused.


4) Improve sleep habits: My sleep got all messed up when my dog got sick and I was up all night with him vomiting. I went in and out of bad sleeping all week because of that and difficulty breathing because of the head cold. Hoping to get back on track over the weekend.

Now, I am supposed to reveal something you probably don't know about me. I am tired and still battling my cold so I will make it an easy one this week. I LOVE music of all kinds and I have an uncanny ability for remembering useless facts. So I KNOW who sang all of the one-hit wonders from the 60's, 70's 80's, the names of the band members, where they are from, who wrote the song, etc.

I am famous for this where my husband works. If a song comes on and they don't know who is singing it, they call me and ask me. Everyone tells me if there were a show like "Jeopardy" for music, I would kick ass. People always try to stump me but it rarely happens.

I still have my cold so I will end this here. I wannted to stay on track with my updates and really nail this challenge!

8 comments:

  1. You really are amazing. Music whiz, huh? Who would have guessed? I love the 60's music, especially 1965.

    Great news on your workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet you have won some contests over the years with this skill.

    I hope you get over the cold soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All things considered I would consider your week a success. Great job Lori-Ann!

    Hope you are feeling much better soon...same for your doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the perfect 10..I like the fat and muscle pictures...way to keep things in perspective.
    Hope your doggie feels better.
    MIne chucked on the carpet yesterday...not sure what's up with that.
    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job with the weights! Also, good to see how much more 'compact' the muscle is compared with the fat! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are doing a great job with the weight lifting. I may need to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear that you are still sick and hope you feel better soon. I am impressed that you continued to work out this week - congratulations on staying on track!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up on the P10 blogs today - the photo of the fat & muscle is great. I'm sure I've never seen a comparison like that. You're correct that you don't need to start "training" for the race yet, just work on getting your time running up. Of course, this will get easier as our weather improves, right? You continue to inspire me with your laser-like focus.

    ReplyDelete

We are all so busy.... so I truly appreciate your taking the time to comment.