Progress Pics

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Monthly Progress Report w/pics

Ok. let me say, first of all, how extremely difficult it is to post these pics. The one on top was taken in the middle of August. The one below was taken today, 4 weeks later. When I look at these I see almost no difference between the two. My DH swears that there's an obvious difference in the gut and boobs. Considering how I work my ass off during exercise I was really hoping to see more obvious progress.
I know that the bigger you are, the more weight you have to lose for it to be noticeable ----- but geez..... I wanted more! So I am posting these but not feeling good about it.

Now on to inches lost and exercise progress........ I have lost 16 & 1/2 inches in the past 6 weeks.

I lost 1 inch from my neck, 7 inches from my chest, 1 inch from my waist, 3 inches off my hips, 1/4" off each arm, and 2 inches off each thigh. Calves and forearms remained the same.

For exercise progress, between the end of July and today, (about 6 weeks) the weights I can lift at the gym progressed as follows:
Bicep curl, started at 10 pounds, now up to 20 pounds
Chest Press, started at 30, now up to 70
Incline press, started at 20, now up to 50
Decline press. started at 10, now up to 30
Flys, started at 10, now up to 30
Triceps pull down with ropes, started at 30, now at 60
Seated leg press, started at around 180, now up to 230
seated row, started at 60, now up to 135
Overhead presses, started at 10, now up to 35

For crunches, I could barely eek out ten 6 weeks ago. Now I can do 100 every other day, but I break them up into 20 at a time and sandwich them between other exercises.

For cardio, I could barely get through a 20 minute "beginners" cardio workout 6 weeks ago, now I can do 45-minute intense workouts with Jillian Michaels and her ilk. I cannot execute all of moves-- when I can't do something, I jog in place until they move on to something that I CAN do. I keep it intense and I'm dripping with sweat at the end of the workout.

Lunges, squats and deadlifts, the bane of my existence, have also become easier to execute. Note that I did not say they are enjoyable now. If they are enjoyable, you are either a masochist or you aren't doing them correctly.

It is just that when I started I was simply too heavy and too out of shape to do those moves properly without risking a fall or otherwise hurting myself. I can now do them and this is real progress as when you weigh 400 you think you're never gonna see the day.

As previously posted, my ChaLEAN Extreme program arrived yesterday and I will be taking my fit test tomorrow and getting started with the work outs either tomorrow or Monday. Oddly enough the timing of the ChaLEAN program occurred so that the end of each 30-day segment will coincide with the timing of my monthly reports.

So next month my progress report will include my first month's experience with ChaLEAN Extreme, as well as fresh pics, measurements and exercise progress.

9 comments:

  1. I can definitely see a difference! I think you are being too hard on yourself. The proof is in the pudding with those numbers. How awesome to have lost so many inches in such a short period of time. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I know it's difficult to see yourself, but I can definitely see a huge difference between the first and second pic. Your inch loss in 6 weeks is amazing! As another tall girl, you're an inspiration! I might even start a weightloss blog myself... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I see a difference too. I find the weight training changes your body more than losing pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your DH is right... keep rocking that shit you are doing awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a big difference noticed in the 2 picks. Your friend was right! Keep going, I am amazed at the number of inches you have lost! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done and congratulations ! Consider that the change in your stomach size is one that will have the greatest impact on your overall health. Keep up the great work !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see a difference too. Your waist looks smaller, definitely. Sometimes it takes us longer to see the changes in ourselves. Keep doing what you are doing. It's working!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a difference. Your waist does look smaller. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see very visible differences all over your body. Your biceps are coming out more, less ripples of extra weight. Your chin is becoming one. Your calves are tighter, which tightens your glutes too if there was a pic of you from behind. Slight, in any, difference in your quads... but they will stay huge for the rest of your life due to the massive amount of muscle they posses. Now... your stomach... HUGE difference. Side handles have decreased, front droop has sunken in, waist is tight and side tires have vanished. Breasts are higher and have generaly less mass. Your trainer approves of your progress! Keep pushing! Your results are VERY CLEAR. We don't notice it in ourselves because we see ourselves everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete

We are all so busy.... so I truly appreciate your taking the time to comment.