Progress Pics

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week in Review: Fitness Totals


Here's a YUMMY spinach salad I made with strawberries and almonds. For the dressing you mix 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt with 2 tablespoons of orange juice concentrate. OMG-- is this ever good!


Something new I'll be doing is to post my "fitness numbers" at the end of every week to help keep me on track. So for the week of Sunday, August 30 to Saturday, September 5, 2009, my fitness numbers are as follows:

I did 105 minutes of cardio

165 Minutes of weight training

and 80 minutes of walking/hiking

This gives me a total of 5 hours and 50 minutes of exercise for the week.

I was "on program" with my food 7 days out of 7.

I had two rest days.


I will record these numbers every week. To clarify, right now, "cardio" for me will be challenging DVD workouts such as the Biggest Loser Boot Camp, Jillian Michaels DVDs, etc.

My goal is to NOT stay in a comfort zone unless I am honestly fatigued and need a break. Otherwise, the goal is to increase the weights whenever possible and to truly keep my heart rate elevated during the cardio and not be doing it half-ass.

Eventually, I will add running and perhaps a rowing machine bt for now, I will record the exercise as expressed here.

I will be posting my monthly progress pics next week so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. That salad looks wonderful! I am going to have to try it. Did you use plain yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, plain low fat yogurt and frozen Orange juice concentrate (with no sugar added) that you thaw slightly. Some add a tablespoon poppy seeds to the dressing. The recipe called for 2 T OJ concetrate for each 1/2 cup yogurt. This is really tasty and a nice break from the vinigar or lemon-juice based dressings that I usually use.

    ReplyDelete

We are all so busy.... so I truly appreciate your taking the time to comment.